slider

Friday, February 11, 2011

sweet sweet nectar

I'll be honest and say that I love coffee. There's still a small part of me that feels weird saying that, but I can't deny it. I drink it every day. There once was a day where the bitter taste of coffee was revolting to me. My mom would drink a whole pot nearly every morning and the thought of that was terrifying to me. Who could drink such a vile substance? But then something happened. I grew up and that weird thing happened where everything that was gross as a child became one of my favorite things. Why do our tastebuds change like that?  Like when wine or asparagas no longer disgust us.
 I can remember my first "real" coffee. My brother, Ben, and I were on a roadtrip to Vancouver in Summer '07 and we stopped in Kamloops at Starbucks. I wasn't convinced that it was going to be good but he said that would pay for it if I let him pick something for me. How could I pass that up? He had worked at Starbucks for several years prior and he's my bro so I trusted him with this big decision.

Grande Vanilla Latte.

Pretty standard....it was absolutely delicious. I wish I took a picture of it.

I'm not a purist yet though. I can't drink it black yet. I still need my small fix of cream and sugar in there. The biggest downfall to coffee is that I rely on it to wake me up in the morning. The aroma as I pass by the kitchen alone is enough for me. Sometimes I've made coffee and I dont even feel like drinking it, I just like the smell.

But I've also recently discovered that I've become somewhat of a "coffee snob". I like to have fresh beans and grind them each morning. I can't do Folgers. The preground cheap coffee. Blech!

Who is this person I've turned into? Am I really succumbing to be one of those coffee snobs? When did this happen?



But am I willing to change? Ask me after I have this cup of coffee....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs